Mysteries and Ghost Stories
Ron Tammen Disappearance
In 1953, Miami student Ronald Tammen vanished from his Fisher Hall room, never to be heard from again.
Use these links to listen to Dr. Shriver's discussion of events surrounding Ron Tammen and Lottie Moon.
||Listen Now! (Requires Windows Media and speakers in your PC) |
||Download MP3 and Take Portable, Right Click and 'Save As' |Miami Mysteries & Ghost Stories
contains photographs and information connected to mysteries associated with Miami University. Additional materials are available from the Miami University Archives
- Thobe's Fountain
- Before his death, stonemason Harry Thobe gave the University a little something to ensure that his name would continue to be spoken by future generations.
- Legend has it that Ogden Hall is surrounded by an underground wall. Is this fact or fiction?
- Many people have gone on to the hereafter while traveling the roads around Oxford. According to legend, some have managed to come back.
- In 1898, the fresh remains of popular chemistry professor Henry Snyder were discovered in his Brice Hall laboratory. Was it a suicide, an accident, or something more sinister?
- In the nineteenth century the antics of Miami men were a frequent source of irritation to Western College for Women president Helen Peabody. Now it is said that her ghost regularly returns to Peabody Hall to seek its revenge.
Reid Hall Murder
- Two hand prints serve as grim reminders of grisly events that occurred on campus in 1959.
We Want to Hear From You
We're here to serve you and always love to hear from alumni. Contact us via email or call at 513-529-5957 or toll free 866-MU-ALUMS (866-682-5867).
New Alumni Text Message Service
Sign up today to receive news, events & more!
Alumni Award Nomination
Nominate someone for an Alumni Association Award.
Anyone may nominate a person for consideration on the Alumni Board by clicking this link.
New M Book