Helping to Recruit Students
Alumni are in an excellent position to help applicants develop an understanding of what makes Miami University unique and personalize the admission process for students. The more informed our applicants are the more likely they are to choose Miami University . Your goal is to assist Miami University in recruiting, yielding, and connecting the best possible students from your home area.
As a MUCORP volunteer you are asked to fulfill several duties in order to ensure the success of the network. These duties are:
- Representing Miami at local college fairs
- Helping to host and mingle with prospective students and parents at area information sessions
- Hosting an Accepted Student Reception for accepted students.
Training is an important responsibility for each volunteer. In order to accurately represent Miami University , you need to understand the "Principles of Good Practice" outlined by the NACAC that all admission counselors must follow. You also need to keep current on changes at the university.
- Training on-campus - attend a regularly scheduled information session for new students and then meeting with a staff member.
- Training off-campus - attend a college fair with a staff member or experienced MUCORP volunteer.
If you have other questions or desire more information, contact us via email or call at 513/529-5957 or toll free 866/MU-ALUMS (866/682-5867).
Contact MUCORP Staff
Murstein Alumni Center
725 E. Chestnut St.
Oxford, OH 45056-2480
Phone: 513/529-5957 or toll free 866/MU-ALUMS (866/682-5867)
Office of Admission
301 S. Campus Ave.
Oxford, OH 45056-3434
Find the Admission Counselor in your area